Posted by lichfieldsportkarateclub on January 28, 2013 at 11:15 AM
Hi all and i hope you find all the details you require below however if you dont please give sensei matthew a ring on 07854905033/01543492556.
rules for kumite :
scoring techniques - snap punch,backfist,ridgehand,reverse punch all value 1 point
- front kick,side kick,roundhouse kick,hook kick,back kick all value 2 body / 3 head
- no sweeps! or takedowns! or leg hits ! above waist only
- maximum control must be used at all times, no swinging punchs will be scored, the control is decided by the head judge and his decision is final.
- if blood is drawn it is again at refs decision to whether they are disqualified.
- 1.30 mins kids 2.30 mins adults rounds 6 clear points stops fight instantly
- area warnings are given as are time wasting again decided by head referee.
- all styles of kata accepted and judged fairly on stances,blocks,sharpness and etiquette
again sensei matt will be doing a full run thru on the day of the tourney for all coaches and spectators as again we like to do things slightly different here and what better way than clearly point it out on day in a demo!. then theres no confusion once your fighter enters the ring.
Now a short blurb from me sensei matt, over the years ive done this sport you come across alot of unfair decisions and unfair refs! not mentioning anyone in particular, however i pride myself on teaching my students if you lose you must get back in the dojo and train harder and try again in the future, i can assure you non of my competitors will be getting easy trophies! so please i emplore you fellow senseis to give me a chance to prove that the l.s.k.c tourney each year is truely unmissable, ran fairly by me and my fellow refs who respect the true meaning of fairness in competition!!!!! any other info give me a call. see you there:)